Our Statement of Faith
We believe in the Bible as the Word of God, accurate and true (infallible), with authority and power, as the only Holy Scripture, and the foundation of our Faith. (II Timothy 3:17, Psalm 119:105, Psalm 1)
- We believe in One God, eternally existant, all powerful, and all knowing, yet a personal God, revealed through the Scripture and His Son, Jesus Christ. God exists as a trinity, or three persons - the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. All three are distinct and have different roles, yet are one essense. (Isaiah 43:10)
- We believe Jesus Christ is the only Son of God, the only person to be born of a virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14). We believe He lived in the flesh, according to the scripture, and died on the cross as the ultimate sacrifice for the sins of humanity (John 1:14, 3:16). He was buried in a tomb and on the third day was raised to life, victorious over sin and death, and is still alive today having ascended to heaven, according to scripture. He is with the Father, waiting for the day when He shall return and take believers to heaven. (Hebrews 9:28)
- We believe in the total lost condition of man, separated from God by sin, and in need of salvation and renewed life (Romans 3:23)
- We believe that the death of Jesus Christ on the cross was a fulfillment of the plan of the Father to provide atonement for sin (I John 2:2). Christ's death was the final and complete sacrifice for all sin, and salvation is through faith in Jesus Christ alone. All who acknowledge their sin, repent and receive Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord are born again into new life (I John 1:12, Romans 10:9,10), with the promise of the presence of the Holy Spirit inside of them, and eternal life with God in heaven.
- We believe thet the presence of the Holy Spirit indwells all believers, is guaranteed by their faith in Christ and brings the ability to live life on earth through the power and love of Christ, enabling the believer to enter into the presence of a Holy God in worship and prayer, guiding the believer, and glorifying the Father through his or her life. (John 16:5-15)
- We believe that those who place their faith in Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior are together in faith, one body in Christ, the church of Christ for whom Christ will personally return and take up to heaven. (I Corinthians 12:12-31)
- We believe that each believer, because of the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, is enabled by that Spirit to live a godly life AND is gifted by the Holy Spirit to do work for the Lord. (I Corinthians 12:12-31)
- We believe that our life is to be daily devoted to our Lord Jesus Christ, each step we take to be a testimony to Him. (Romans 12:1-2, Colossians 3:17)
- We believe worship is a daily act of giving our life to God in everything we do, glorify God in each moment of our life. We exist for God's glory and His renown. (Isaiah 26:8, Romans 12:1-2, I Corinthians 10:31)
- We believe the body of Christ functions as small groups or communities of believers. We seek to encourage people to serve the local Christian group or fellowship that Christ calls them to be a part of. (Acts)
- We believe that God seeks to inform, challenge and equip His Children to participate in His desire that all hear of the salvation available through Jesus Christ. God seeks to do this through His Word, and us, His believers. Whether we are full-time ministers or not, we believe the Lord has called us to be witnesses. (Romans 1:16)
- We desire to impact this culture and see all Japanese worship God in Spirit and in truth, through creative Bible communication; Spirit-filled, passionate and powerful music and worship; and sharing the message of Christ through one-on-one lifestyle ministry (being a testimony by example).