"Aroma Ministries exists to Glorify God. Through His grace, by His power and in His presence, we desire that God change Japan, work through us, igniting a desire within us, and those whom He touches through us, to seek a passionate relationship with Jesus Christ. Through us we pray He brings the message of the Gospel to the Japanese people, while encouraging Japanese Christians to walk with Christ and boldly share their faith. We pray God will bring revival to the nation of Japan!"
As Rocky and Marla minister together in their home city of Kitakyushu and in churches all over this country, they are seeing one very distinct pattern amomg Japanese Christian groups. Christian churches and groups are often very isolated, traditional, and populated mostly by the older generation. Rocky and Marla feel God calling them to spread His fame in Japan, and bring revival to the nation through those who are professing Christians and those who will come to know salvation through Jesus Christ.
Because of their heart for young people to hear the Gospel in a form that speaks the language of their generation, Rocky and Marla are actively seeking to make Christian music available in a form and style that young people enjoy listening to. Rocky and Marla have written original songs, many of which are on their CD's. At the same time, they seek to write more original songs, praise and worship songs, and translate many of the praise and worship songs that God is moving through. As a duo, Rocky and Marla are called "R.A.M.'s Voice" and they have recorded original albums and one bilingual praise album. Aroma Ministries seeks to make those praise songs available to Japanese Christians to use in their worship and ministry, plus expose non-Christians to this music so the Holy Spirit can move in their hearts as they listen to it. This is made possible by the foundation of Aroma 36 Studio, a recording studio in the home of the Ayatsuka's, which is being used to record dynamic contemporary Christian music written and performed by Rocky and Marla, and others as well.
Through us we pray He brings the message of the Gospel to the Japanese people. The Lord is also moving through Rocky and Marla's concerts and testimonies, and Rocky speaking ability. Rocky's messages are filled with simple, but powerful truths straight from God and His Word. While not on the road doing concerts and speaking, at home Rocky and Marla also host and attend home fellowships and Bible studies.
In addition to these activities, Rocky and Marla have many dreams for the future to expand Aroma Ministries so that more Japanese people can come to know a deep and true relationship with the God who created and loves them, through Jesus Christ.
Some of the ideas and dreams for Aroma Ministries to spread the Gospel include...
- Continue building "Aroma Studio 36" to produce more CD's of Rocky and Marla's original music and ALSO produce the incredible music being written by many young Christians surrounding their ministry.
- Making praise music available through CD's and songbooks that churches and Christian fellowships can use in their worship meetings.
- Expanding concerts and speaking engagements so more people can be reached.
- Holding special events and evangelical meetings with themes and topics needing to be addressed in Japan among Christians and non-Christians alike. These include: love and marriage, sex and purity, true worship, living as a witnessing believer, and simple and understandable Gospel messages.
- Holding English classes with Bible study to reach out to people otherwise not touched by the message of the Gospel.
- Planting indigenous churches.